Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Counting 1, 2, 3

So we were in the car heading home from a cub scouts 'rocket launch' and Sarah sees crows in the sky.   (Her favorite thing to stare at these days.)  "Cwow" is how she says that.  Or "Cwoah".  I guess that all depends on how you read that.  Anyway, I notice there are three birds total and so I say:

"one, two, three!  Three crows Sarah!"
Joshua says, "four...."  (he was just continuing the counting)
Sarah says, "five, ix"  (six, she only says "ix").

Paul and I stare at each other.  I push it a little.

I say, "Seven...."
Sarah, "eight."

Paul and I stare again and almost bust out laughing in shock.
I push it a little more....
"Nine?...."  It's quiet...she is smiling shy now...."Ten?...."...nothing.  She won't say another.  But still!!!!  She is not even 22 months yet!  Earliest so far and I had no idea she had been paying so close attention as I counted out loud to her the other day!  We were shocked and laughed all the way home!  Kids!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! She's going to be a genius. I was surprised how early my kids could count. I guess because I count a lot... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably the case here. I doubt genius is in our family, but I started to pay attention how much I count to see if that is where she is getting it. I can't quite figure it out. I haven't counted enough out loud, but the boys must do it with her when I am not aware. :) It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete