I was completely surprised at what Paul did for me. It was so sweet. He was working late on the 13th and said he'd be home around 9:30. Well, it was around 10:30 p.m. when he got home and I was so glad to see him home safely. Well, early in the morning, before I got up, he must have went outside to his car where he had kept what he had made the night before. (It was cold outside is why he could do this.) I woke up and he was just lounging around on the couch and I thought, "Mmmm....he must not have done anything. Oh well." I didn't really have any expectations this year for Valentine's Day for some reason. I was just chatting with him for a minute or two and then I heard one of the kids go, "Oh, Wow!" On the table was a vase filled with hand dipped chocolate strawberries and blueberries that he had made himself. It was gorgeous and we were all so hungry so everyone just plowed into it! He had tried to duplicate what you see in those expensive stores and he did it using a paper bowl, a microwave, and skewers. He said he kept making mistake after mistake (which is why he was so late) and then he finally figured out how to do it without ruining them. It was so sweet. I went about my day happily thinking that was all, but up on my closet shelf while I was getting ready for church was his other gift of bath salts, a lavendar bath foam packet (these are my favorite), and a little box of chocolate carmels with sea salt on top. YUM. It was sweet. Then the boys gave me their homemade coupons of making my bed and wiping the dishes for me (since our dish washer isn't working) and one coupon for actually washing the dishes! It was a great day and I felt loved. Oh, I gave the boys coupons too. I gave Jonah one coupon of getting out of eating vegetables for one meal. (He LOVED it.) Noah got one coupon for getting out of one chore. (He's choosing wisely.) And Joshua, I don't feel like I spend much time with, so his coupon was for an afternoon of board games. I just love my little men! 

That was sweet.
ReplyDeleteBut do you know what Im going to comment on after that entire post??
WHY HAVENT YOU CALLED YOUR LANDLORD TO GET YOU A NEW DISHWASHER??
They arent very expensive...CALL!
Happy belated Valentines day.