Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My goodness!

If I could get this on video, it would be so funny/astonishing! That little Sarah is such a GIRL! Aren't girls kind of "stereo-typed" as the ones who throw plates and dishes? She does!!! She is in the terrible habit of planting herself right smack dab in the center of our kitchen table where she paws anything that lands. The first occurrance was when I was getting dinner ready and began setting the table. All the plates set, I turned my back and CRASH! She had thrown a plate on the floor. (And I do mean 'thrown'.) After that mess was cleaned up and a stern scolding I go back to dinner. CRASH! How do you do more than scold your one year old! They are so darn cute!

Next day. Table again. No plates though! Cups. Someone left their cups. She hucks one. CRASH. More glass. Two people now have glass cuts on their feet too by the way. Me being one. Scold her some more and make sure she isn't anywhere NEAR the table. Little later...CRASH! I have NO idea where she found that glass cup. More glass to clean up.

Today. A week later. Guard is down. She is on table. CRASH. This time she just kind of leaned over and dropped the glass for a reaction I think. Ahhhhhhhhh! I have a dish flinging baby!

Oh, I forgot, on Monday she broke half of my ceramic Nativity Set from South America (gift from friend) and a ceramic set of carolers that are supposed to be singing by a little ceramic house. Chuck, chuck CRASH. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...that doesn't sound like a fun stage. I don't remember any of my kids flinging dishes. :) Good luck...you might have to resort to using plastic dishes for awhile until she gets over the phase...

    ReplyDelete