Thursday, December 10, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys

9:00 a.m. phone call from the school: "Hi Ruth, this is Michelle down at the office. Noah and Jonah are in the health room....they stuck their tongue's to a poll this morning...(pause)...and Noah is fine and back in the classroom, but Jonah....he is still crying and it is bleeding." It is 16 degrees outside this morning.

Me, 'WHAT!?....I'll be right down."

BOYS. Now, isn't it funny that I just wrote about how girls are "stereotypically" known for throwing dishes? Isn't this another stereo type for boys? My kids are proving these stereo types true!!! His tongue was indeed without skin about the size of a quarter and upper lip missing a bit as well. I decided to share the picture, because after all, this is for my scrapbook.


Mom, "What made you think to do that!!! Haven't you seen "Spirit" where he gets his tongue stuck?"

Jonah, "It was Noah's idea. He's the one who pulled me off of the poll too."
I see a little conversation in his future. What was amazing was that at the end of the day, you could still clearly see where his tongue had been on the pole.

2 comments:

  1. What nerds! They need to see the movie "The Christmas Story".
    I kind of miss the Christmasy weather you are having and I am not. Its wierd to see the Christmas tree with bright sunlight blazing through the windows onto it. Bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh! I was shocked that they actually did that...I thought it only happened in movies! :) Poor little Jonah, but kinda funny that they both did it at school at the same time. I was also laughing that the nurse knew you on a first name basis. :)

    ReplyDelete