Later that night as I was putting Sarah to bed, I felt this ache inside. She is growing so much so fast. I looked down at her little rubberband wrists, the soft little chubbies behind her neck, the roundness of her cheeks and felt such a deep love for her. I just love this little girl! I still want to pinch myself everytime I look at her. I can't believe she is here. I remember feeling this same love for my little boys, but never the feeling of not being able to absorb the fact that they were physically with me. She is such a tender, kind, sweet little thing. Paul and I were both feeling similarly about her personality the other night--having never talked about it to each other. It was interesting. Paul said, "It's weird, I can't play the same with her like I did with the boys. She doesn't like it." I had just been thinking myself the very same thing. There IS a difference between girls and boys and Sarah just likes to be smiled at, or "lightly" tickled. She actually likes to pretend to be tickled instead of really being tickled. She likes to be cooed at and talked to. The boys were different. They LOVED to be tickled, the rowdier the better. They were always loud and running around yelling. Like little cavemen. The differences are just amazing and funny. I love my little boys and I definately love my little girl!
really good post.
ReplyDeletei love sentimental posts.
they do grow so fast.
i'm sure boys and girls are different....maybe someday i'll know first hand :) we'll see.
When Cheryl and I would hang out, when our kids were little she used to ask if she could hold Makenzie because she just wanted to be cuddled.. Luke, was too busy. Typical boy... I am so excited that you get to enjoy a little girl! I still can't believe I have my daughter! Sarah is sooooo adorable!!
ReplyDelete