Sunday, December 14, 2008

There Must Be Love...

There are so many reasons I chose this title. But there is only one reason as to why I finally decided to do a blog. I find that at this point in my life, it is easier to be on and off the computer than it is to sit and write in each journal for my kids and then one for myself. (I am not saying that I am still not going to try and do that...) It is a nice idea though, to 'journal' my thoughts here too, and in case I don't get to my other journals...I've got a back-up. It's also a nice way to connect with friends and loved ones in a way that you may not normally. As for the reasons for my title, well...I grew up in a home that could have used a lot more love and kindness. That is one of my goals--to have a home filled with love. There MUST be love, or I've failed our children. Another reason is because my children are a product of OUR love! (Paul and mine.) They are living proof that there is love. And lastly, love solves everything and so this blog is going to help remind me that when I've got ups and downs, there must be love, and "it'll all be all right!"

8 comments:

  1. Ruth...I'm so glad that you jumped on-board! I totally agree with you on the journaling. I love blogging, and it really is a good way to keep a history! What a precious little girl! I've been wanting pictures of her! You've done a good job setting things up--I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your blog! I love it! I like the background and I LOVE the family pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RUTH no one -- no one -- is more excited that you started this blog :) You will LOVE the memories that it will record! Your future self and family will thank you.

    advice: don't get discouraged with formatting things etc. If you need any help with that call me. I had Aimee as my go to girl for help and couldn't have done it without her. Looks GREAT so far!

    I can't wait.

    Yes, there must be love.

    LOVE the picture of you and Paul -- and all the pictures of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth I'm SO glad to be able to read about the going ons in your family!!! I LOVE the pictures and the title. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoops I forgot to sign up for follow-up comments!...okay now I am set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, I may be more excited than Shannon - after all, she gets to see you on a regular basis and I do not! :)

    I am excited to still be able to keep up on what's happening in your family. Watch out - it's addicting. You'll love to look back and remember.

    Can't wait for your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ruth,
    I have no idea how to do all this, so we'll see if this even works...someday (or not??) I may at least get a facebook account, but blog?? I'd rather go exercise :)

    Love you anyways, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to have another blog to stalk! It will be fun to read,I need to get better at mine and updated it more,but the kids do get excoted and love to look at it.Have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete