Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Tradition

I absolutely LOVE, love, love doing this tradtion. We always act out the nativity! Every year has been so different as we've added to our family. Some years you were two or three different parts, other years, you were almost everything it seemed like. (Before the kids). But what was REALLY fun, was the year I was pregnant with Joshua and I just didn't feel up to doing anything but read (be the narrator). Well, SOMEONE had to play Mary! (I know it seems a little irreverant, but it really wasn't. He was soooooo cute and it gave him a different perspective he otherwise would not have had.) :) And by the way, we always pick parts that are written on peices of paper out of a bowl--so it was total chance that he picked that part.

Mary? Yes. And a doll for baby Jesus.

Noah, the Angel.

The frightened Shepherd, Jonah...and then everyone in the manger.

This year we didn't pick Mary, I just opted to do it. Of course Sarah had to be the baby Jesus, and then Jonah was the angel and shepherd, Joshua a Wise Man, Noah was Joseph and Paul was the narrator. It is so hodge-podge every year...but I love it! You never know what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment