Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Journal Entry: Mother's Are Busy People

I was a bit overwhelmed today and so I am making a little journal entry in honor of all mothers with similar schedules and duties. We do SO much it is amazing. Seriously. Amazing. Just touching the tip of the iceburg, I was looking at my list which includes billing insurance for my husband, PTA, church callings, doctor appointments, laundry, cooking, dishes, finances, yard work, running kids to various sports, cub scouts, boy scouts, birthdays, holiday or vacation plans, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, babysitting, visiting teaching, volunteering in your child's classes, homeschooling my eldest, keeping in touch with family and friends, washing/vacuuming the car, grocery shopping, meal planning, serving your neighbors, teaching your kids to work (so it makes your jobs easier in the long run), and then there are those moment to moment things like teaching your children right from wrong, how to ride a bike or anything that is new to them....and the list goes on. It is nothing short of amazing. Of course, some of these things husbands help with or maybe they do say... the finances but even with those things, mother's just give so much of their heart and soul to the cause of motherhood. It's just truly amazing! It just doesn't seem possible to accomplish all of that, but yet mothers do. I am proud to be one.

Oh, and Sarah knows her entire alphabet by sight, all her colors and can count 1-10 (only missing one number) all by the age of 2 years and 2 months old. HOLY COW. Girls rock! She's an amazing mother in the making.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! There wasn't a thing on your list that I haven't done also. It's no wonder I feel overwhelmed so often. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete