I just had to note that today was my baby's first day to pass the sacrament! Aren't they always your baby's in a way!? He even got to pass the side we were sitting on and when I looked up into his face, I saw him as that little baby of mine whos head was as small as my palm. In that moment, all of my dreams and hopes and love for him flashed through my mind. What a moment. I can only imagine what a mission, marriage, our first grandchild would feel like. Life is truly too short.
oh ruth i got all teary eyed reading this post.
ReplyDeletewhat a moment to remember.
it also reminds me of my favorite mormon commercial from the 1980's. Julie through the glass. she sees her newborn baby in the hospital, then sees her riding a tricycle, then seeing a ballet move, then getting her heart broken, then talking to a friend on the phone....then other stuff and then back at the hospital. Anyway, it's so good.
cute post
Oh Ruth! Teary eyed I am.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. I love those moments when you are overcome with love for your kids - or love burst as Shan calls them. Wow - he is really growing up.
ReplyDeleteI feel a sense of pride each week when I watch Alex pass the sacrament. That's a neat experience. I'm glad you documented it. Those moments so quickly get forgotten for me sometimes. Why do they grow up so fast?
ReplyDelete