Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Joshua's Five!


So here is sweet little Joshua on the morning of his birthday.  In our family we let the birthday person decide what we eat all day for our meals.  Joshua's favorites are, get this...tofu (fried in butter and maple syrup) and crepes with just pecans and whip cream.  I added a cherry on top for looks, but he doesn't eat them.  Funny kid.  Lunch was BLT's and dinner chicken nuggets.  Paul and I are good sports.  :) 
For his cake he wanted an M&M ice cream cake and so we went with Dairy Queen.  I just wasn't up to making one.  It was yummy of course.  And for his presents, he got a very long awaited for present.  He's asked for over a year or two now for a stuffed snake.  He's been specifically talking about Anacondas and Boas.  I got him an Anaconda.  He loves it!  The other present turned out to be super awesome.  It was a Playmobil ship/pirate set that came with an octopus and shark and it was an amazing set!  Paul and I were both impressed with it and wanted to play with it too.  One of those toys.  Then he got some little fun things like noisy balloons, stickers and sketching paper.

Later that day we went out and played with the stomp rocket Grandma Selfridge (thank you Mom) got the boys.  She also got them a Wii game.  (Thanks again.)  We had fun with the Stomp Rocket.  These rockets glow in the dark even.  Sarah is of course a light weight and it wasn't until Noah barely put the rocket on that she was able to pop it off.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Joshua! I can't believe he's five. I love his b-day food choices, funny guy!

    ReplyDelete