Before I forget, I thought I'd better record a couple of things. Joshua started preschool this week on Wednesday and it went really well. I still feel like he is my baby. It's hard in some ways to let him grow up. I'll get a picture of him on his first day hopefully tomorrow.
Sarah did two things this week also that Paul and I were kind of surprised about. On Wednesday she had this little keychain flashlight and put it somewhere after she mauled it. We didn't see where she put it and Paul asked her, "Sarah, where is the light?" She paused and then went straight to where she had stashed it, pulled it out and gave it to Paul. We were shocked. I had no idea she understood that. 12 months. Sigh.
The other thing was cute. It was today. I needed the boys to come upstairs and I often go over to the heater vent and yell down stairs to them to come up. "Boys! Come up please!" (We grew up doing this in our house in Oregon and loved that we didn't have to go down two flights of stairs.) I thought Noah was upstairs and the other two downstairs so I called from the dining room first, "Noah?" She walked over to the heater vent and knelt down (like I do) and said, "Da-da!" and then she tilted her head to the side to listen (like I do) for a response. Amazing! It was so so cute. Her little pursed-matter-of-fact little face while she listened was to die for. I can see I need to watch my every action/words even closer now!
No comments:
Post a Comment