Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I've always liked being busy.

I have always been the kind of girl who has liked being busy. I'd rather be busy 12 out of 14 days and then spend one day doing absolutely nothing and the next day reading. That is my kind of a perfect 2 weeks. It seems like I stay busy most days, but I secretly love the back to back busy days (even though I complain sometimes about them...it is usually because a wrench got thrown in my plan somewhere along the way). Today was one of those days where I was so productive and busy and loved it and then it ended with a little fun. I started out kind of taking it easy, spending a little time with Joshua. Then I went downstairs and organized my food storage area! Boy did it need it!!! It was oozing into my laundry area. Then Paul came home and we tackled a large part of the garage. Then, when the older boys got home I got them their snack and I walked Noah over to his "music lesson" with Sam Neilson (he's doing trumpet this year) and came back to make dinner early because we had to leave at 5 for Jonah's baseball game. It was a great game and in the end we got rained out! It was POURING! It was so much fun! We all sat in the van and ate cookies and drank juice until the rain died down a bit. When I got home, it was after 7 p.m. and I realized I was supposed to be at a baby shower for Mirin and so I hoofed it over there with my little Sarah and had a nice time! What a lovely day! I didn't even mind the rain!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm - not me. I mean, I love getting projects done and being productive, but I don't love being scheduled one thing after the next. Lazy? Maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw. I wouldn't say lazy at all! I'd just say, "different!" :) And different isn't bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading about your day makes me tired! I have a lot of days like that, but I get all worn out. I do love feeling productive though, and always feel good when I get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete