We have had these two amazing home teachers for quite some time now. This past week was an especially fun lesson that the kids enjoyed. I'll keep their true identities secret to the blog world. I'll name the guy in white "Buck Rogers" and the other home teacher "Indiana Jones" that I will soon get blog material for. You can only see his leg in the last picture as of now.
The lesson was from "Teaching True Doctrine", Elder Eyrings message in the April 2009 Ensign. So "Buck" focused on showing the kids these cool weapons (they were totally cool) and how they were heavy and would be great in battle, etc. Then he shared how "Alma was the leader of a people faced with destruction by ferocious enemies. In the face of danger, he could not do everything so he had to choose. He could have built fortifications or trained armies or created armaments (like these)....
But he chose to try one spiritual thing first: 'and now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just--yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them--therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God." Alma 31:5.
What a fun lesson! I bet they love their new blog names. :)
ReplyDelete