Monday, February 21, 2011

Can I stay lost?

I had a cute memory of something that happened about 3 years ago and I didn't want to forget it again...so here it goes in my memory-blog-book.

We were at a Cabella store (if you haven't ever been to one, they are HUGE!) and I had just pre-scolded all the kids about getting lost and how we need to stay together. Not even 2 minutes (literally) after I said it, I turned and couldn't see Jonah. Noah was with Paul and so I said to Joshua, "Follow me, we need to find Jonah." I turned back around and HE was gone! I quickly freaked out and then started to find Jonah since he was taller and easier to spot. I found him (he hadn't gone far), quickly scolded him even though I already had :) and went to find Joshua. I wasn't too worried at first, but it was five or ten minutes later I still couldn't find him and Paul and Noah hadn't seen him. I went to the front desk and asked if they had any 'missing persons' show up. :) They said, "Oh! Yes! He's in the fudge shop having a snack." Immediately I felt that wave of relief and walked into the shop just sure he would be crying. He had his toothy little grin from ear to ear instead eating a lovely peice of fudge with a brand new Cabella hat on his head! They'd GIVEN him a hat AND a peice of fudge for getting lost! Sure enough, as soon as we left the store, Jonah said, "I want to get lost!" I was just sure he'd try it too (especially for that peice of fudge) and within five minutes I couldn't find Jonah! Come to find out, he had ran ahead to tell Paul and Noah where Joshua had been and what he had got. I was so ready to leave the store. But of course we had to buy some fudge first. Everyone was oogling at Joshua's. :) It was funny to look back on and something not to forget.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO funny! I am glad they made him feel right at home. :)

    ReplyDelete