Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

What a great day it's been! Noah and Jonah put in an equal share of the cost to get me a Vera Bradley apron (Paul was the third equal share holder). It was so cute. We went into the store and there were at least seven choices. They didn't know what to choose (I told them I wanted them to choose since they were using their own money to get it) but they said they wanted me to choose. So I chose a win-win situation and picked out three of my favorite and had them choose between them. They chose "sittin' in a tree". I love it! You can see the print at www.verabradley.com , it has trees and little turquoise birds on it. The base colors are chocolate brown and a bright green. I don't know the exact name of that green. It's something like a yellow-green. Paul bought me a new wallet from the same place that I think will be my *perfect* wallet that will hold all that I want it to. Happy day! But my favorite part of mother's day was when I woke up Paul had made my traditional waffles with whip cream and strawberries. He woke up early, as he had a CME class he was finishing up today from 9-5, and he thought ahead for dinner and put a roast in the crock pot too. (So thoughtful.) The boys made me adorable cards, didn't fight (almost at ALL) the entire day, my bed was made and they were helpful on their own throughout the day. It was GREAT. Noah and Jonah even washed dinner dishes (a first) and Joshua kind of helped to dry, the boys did the rest. What an awesome day! We also played a little croquet (one of my favorites) and spent some time in the sun after visiting my dear sweet Esther. I felt pampered and loved! I hope everyone else did too!

1 comment:

  1. Love the apron! I'm going to have to get me one of those. So glad you had a nice day! I did also.

    ReplyDelete