We were cooking a ham for easter dinner.
Joshua: Can I have the wing?
Ruth: Pigs don't have wings Joshua.
Joshua: Oh. Can I have the foot?
Ruth: I don't think you'd want the foot Joshua.
Joshua: Can I have the leg?
Ruth: That would be more than you could eat dear.
Joshua: Can I have the body?
Ruth: Oh dear. Joshua, pigs can get almost as big as our couch. I don't think you could eat the body. How about you settle for a "slice" of the ham?
Joshua: Oh, okay.
Another funny conversation. We were talking about our favorite foods one time and all the kids, including Joshua were going on and on and on about how they 'loved' ham, bacon, sausage (I know....the most unclean meat and yet it tastes so darn good!) and how they could "eat it every day", etc. Not only two breaths later Joshua says, "Mom? Why do people kill pigs and chickens! That is SO mean!" Kids are so funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment