Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ever Faithful

Today I tackled the leaves again. I had previously bagged 20 of the Home Depot lawn bags earlier last month along with two full yard waste bins. Today I bagged another 10 bags and one full yard waste bin. I still have at least 2 yard waste bins to go. But what I wanted to note is the "ever faithful" Joshua. He (both times I was doing yard work) stayed with me through it all. He would start to get side tracked and then say, "Oh. I better get back to raking." He stuck with me the entire 3 hours!!! It just reminded me of the feeling I had about his personality before he was born. I had been reading through some of the Bible and really liked the name Joshua. It just stood out to me. Later in my pregnancy, I had a very strong sense of his personality and it just fit the name Joshua. It was the story I was reading about at the time where Joshua waited at the bottom of the mountain for Moses for 40 days and 40 nights. It was that same obedience, kindness, faithfulness, enduring personality that I sensed in my not yet born son. He's pretty plucky at times, but he sure is sweet too. And he doesn't even throw glass dishes. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet, Ruth. I love how in touch you are with your kids on such a deep level.

    ReplyDelete