Saturday, March 21, 2009

Will it ever get better?

Yesterday was Noah's first "physical" at the doctors office and the tetnus booster. If I posted the picture I took, words wouldn't be needed. There he stood in his gown, with tears running--no, streaming down his face. He went through 10 kleenex wipes in a matter of 10 minutes. Poor kid. Does it ever get better? Then they tell me, "He'll only have to do this every year (the physical) until he's 18!" That was supposed to bring him hope? When did they start doing it every year? I remember when I was 11 and the boys had to do it like----once! She never told him how often AFTER 18, or how the physical may change though. I thought my words were a little more helpful. "Noah, in this situation you'd rather be a boy than a girl. TRUST me."

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Alex was a bit surprised in his physical when out of the blue the doctor said, "Drop your pants". Needless to say, he's not anxious to go back.

    ReplyDelete